At Voices of Hope, we are committed to serving and empowering those who have experienced relationship violence, sexual assault and abuse.
Voices of Hope is modifying services to take into account the health and safety of our clients and staff. We will not be taking any walk-in services or groups to minimize exposure and spread of COVID-19. We will post a services update when everything is back to normal.
Services we will offer while we are closed are:
- 24-hour Crisis Line at 402-475-7273.
- Phone advocacies and ongoing client support.
- Staff available 9 a.m.-4 p.m. to respond to email correspondence.
- Provide information about protection orders over the phone. Forms for protection orders available at Victim Assistance Unit or online here
- Safety planning by phone or email.
- Provide continued client collaborations with law enforcement and community partners.
- Updates on other services in Lincoln are available at the MyLNK App (click here), by calling 211, City of Lincoln COVID-19 information here or through Lancaster County Human Services.
If you need to reach us, you can either call the Crisis Line to speak to an advocate or email us at email@example.com.
Updates will be posted on our website at www.voicesofhopelincoln.org or on social media.